Barrie provides quality care outside of the traditional school day. Convenient and reliable before and after school care is available to our enrolled students from age 12 months through Grade 8.
Hours: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Extended Care is available for sign up through your enrollment agreement. If changes need to be made after your annual contract has been signed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barrie's Extended Day Program offers a warm and nurturing environment, which meets the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of your child. While respecting the individuality of your child's development, the program fosters a sense of community within the group, encourages learning amongst the children, and enhances your child's emerging social skills. Teachers and group leaders are sensitive to the developmental needs of the child and provide appropriate support and programming.
Full-time, part-time, and drop-in usage of the program are available by advance arrangement with the Extended Day Director or the Business Office. Space is limited for the Toddler and Primary Program students, age 12 months through Kindergarten.
- All students who are on campus after the end of their dismissal time will automatically be placed into their age-appropriate Extended Day group unless they are participating in an after school activity. Students who are on campus after the end of the regular school day for an activity run by another department or teacher must be under the supervision of the respective department or program leader.
- If a student needs to use the extended day program for more than two days a week on a regular basis, the student should be enrolled full-time. Otherwise, drop-in charges will apply.
Extended Day Fees
- Morning Only (7:00 AM to 8:30 AM; 12 month to Grade 8): $2,480
- Afternoon Only (3:15 PM to 6:00 PM; 12 month to Grade 8): $3,825
- Afternoon Only (3:15 PM to 5:00 PM; 12 month to Grade 8): $2,445
- Both Morning and Afternoon (3:15 PM to 6:00 PM; 12 month to Grade 8): $5,050
- Both Morning and Afternoon (3:15 PM to 5:00 PM; 12 month to Grade 8): $3,980
Barrie offers complimentary Extended Day in the following circumstances:
- As the school day for students in the 4th through 12th Grades begins earlier than for Primary and Lower Elementary students, younger siblings of 4th through 12th Grade Barrie students are welcome to drop in on the morning program until their classroom opens.
- Students arriving by bus are welcome to drop in on the morning program until their classroom opens.
- Parents are permitted to drop off their Barrie students while they attend a scheduled school meeting or conference.
- For ratio purposes, all drop-ins for students in the Toddler or Primary program must be pre-registered for Extended Day, including complimentary drop-ins.
Based on space available, other than the described fee waiver circumstances, Drop-Ins must be arranged with extended day personnel. Email the Extended Day Office at least 24 hours prior to the day that you are requesting.
Based on space available, short-term usage of at least a month or more can be arranged through the business office. An Extended Day Agreement must be completed and the amount to be paid will be provided by the Business Office. Please contact Marcus Tomlin at 301-576-2844.
Drop In Fees 2019-2020
- AM Drop-in supervision: $1 per minute up to $25 per day
- PM Drop-in supervision: $1 per minute up to $30 per day
- Fee for late pick up after scheduled 5 pm pickup time: $1 per minute up to $30
- Fee for late pick up after 6 pm: $2 per minute
- Following another after-school activity scheduled between 3:30 pm and 6 pm: $1 per minute up to $30 per day
- While a Barrie sibling is participating in another after-school activity scheduled between 3:30 pm and 6 pm: $1 per minute up to $30 per day
- Fee for late pick up 30 minutes or more after early dismissal due to inclement weather, $2 per minute
- Toddlers: 12 months and 2's - Founders Hall 1A/B
- Primary: Dorothy's class, Neubert 1
- Elementary and Middle School: Strauss Gym
- Toddlers: Founders Hall 1A/B and 2
- Primary (two classes): Neubert 1 (Dorothy's class), and McDermott 3
- Lower & Upper Elementary - Upper Elementary Library from 3:15-3:45, then the Middle School Commons from 3:45-6
- Middle School: Middle School Commons
Childcare for 2019-20 Conference and Professional Days
The Extended Day Program offers childcare on parent/teacher conference and professional days. While enrollment is first come - first served, we endeavor to support all requests.
Director of Camp and Equestrian Programs
Director of Extended Day - Toddler & Primary
Director of Extended Day - Grades 1-8