COVID-19 Resources and School Reopening Information
December 9 Community Health Summit
Please see the Online Calendar for the most up to date information on re-imagined events, changes and cancellations.
4-8 School-Wide Precautionary Quarantine
- Jan 4-5 No School - Professional Development Day (moved from Nov 30 & Feb 12)
- Jan 6-8 Virtual Classes for All Students
11 Lower School Classes Resume On-Campus
25 Middle & Upper School Social Visits Resume
2020-21 Health and Safety Reopening Plan - January 2021
These plans reflects our current knowledge and will be updated as new information is made available.
In the Event of a COVID-19 Case on Campus
Any school in any community might need to implement short-term closure procedures regardless of community spread if an infected person has been in a school building. If this happens, CDC recommends the following procedures regardless of the level of community spread:
Written by Barrie School Director of Student and Family Services Dr. Natosha Speight and School Nurse Kirstie Abernathy, R.N.
- Maryland Department of Health - COVID-19 and Childhood Vaccinations
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Situation Summary
- Centers for Disease Control Symptoms of Coronavirus
- Teaching Tolerance: Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus Self Checker
- COVID-19 Information for Travel
- Department of Homeland Security Travel Restrictions and Instructions
- Maryland Department of Health Updates