COVID-19 Resources and School Reopening Information
2020 Health and Safety Reopening Plan - September 2, 2020
These plans reflects our current knowledge and will be updated as new information is made available.
Please see the Online Calendar for the most up to date information on re-imagined events, changes and cancellations.
26 - Grandparents & Special Friends Day - moved to February
30 - School in Session - (Professional Development Day moved to January 4)
4-8 NEW School-Wide Precautionary Quarantine
- Jan 4-5 No School - Professional Development Day (moved from Nov 30 & Feb 12)
- Jan 6-8 Virtual Classes for All Students
In the Event of a COVID-19 Case on Campus
Any school in any community might need to implement short-term closure procedures regardless of community spread if an infected person has been in a school building. If this happens, CDC recommends the following procedures regardless of the level of community spread:
Written by Barrie School Director of Student and Family Services Dr. Natosha Speight and School Nurse Kirstie Abernathy, R.N.
- Maryland Department of Health - COVID-19 and Childhood Vaccinations
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Situation Summary
- Centers for Disease Control Symptoms of Coronavirus
- Teaching Tolerance: Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus Self Checker
- COVID-19 Information for Travel
- Department of Homeland Security Travel Restrictions and Instructions
- Maryland Department of Health Updates