Read through our website and then download our comprehensive guide for detailed information about our programs.
Contact the camp office!
Barrie Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
Extra time to make more memories and have more fun!
Morning and/or afternoon Extended Day is available for an additional fee to families who need to drop off early or pick up late beyond the regular camp schedule.
Using the campus’s natural setting, playgrounds, turf field, gymnasium, and pool, extended time is unscheduled, allowing for a relaxed morning warm-up or afternoon cool-down for campers.
- Hours: 7:30 am to 8:30 am and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The program concludes promptly at 6:00 pm. Drop-off and pick-up locations are not supervised until these posted hours of operation. Please note: There is a $2 per minute fee for pick-ups after 6 pm.
Snacks: The afternoon program includes a snack. Campers are welcome to bring their own snacks from home, however, please note that they cannot be shared.
- Medication: If a child needs medication during AM or PM Extended Day, special arrangements must be made with the camp nurse.
- Fees: If your child plans to ride the camp bus, please check those fees as some include PM Extended Day.
Extended Day Fees
Go to Tuition & Fees for the weekly and drop-in rates for extended care before and after camp.
Campers are separated into two groups: one for campers in Lower Camp and one for campers entering grade 1 and above.
- Lower campers meet in McDermott Hall; the playground is used exclusively by the Lower Camp groups throughout the day.
- Middle and Upper campers use the amphitheater playground, upper pavilion, Strauss Gym and classrooms in Rothschild Hall.
- Lower campers continue to use the same location as the morning.
- Middle and Upper campers begin at the amphitheater playground and the pavilion on the Upper Campus. At 4:30 pm, they move to the pool and adjacent pavilion on the Lower Campus. Campers entering grade 1 and above enjoy an extra free swim during PM Extended Day.