2021 Millennium Scholarship
Why Barrie Makes a Difference
Our Mission is to “Empower individuals to expand their intellectual abilities, develop their creative talents, and discover their passions to make a positive impact in a rapidly changing world.”
With this Mission at the forefront, Barrie's Millennium Scholarship was created to expand the next generation of innovators and leaders based on the belief that exceptional students can make an important difference in our world when nurtured in the best educational environment.
- Please submit an online admission application.
- Applicants will be considered for the scholarship based on transcripts (GPA and courses taken), teacher recommendations, SSAT or ISEE test scores, on-campus Admission interviews, and level of involvement in extracurricular activities, arts, and community service.
- Due to the highly competitive nature of the applicant pool, prospective students may choose to submit supplementary videos, essays, or projects which represent their academic and social achievements to strengthen their application. Contact the Admission Office for specific instructions.
Between November and February, all school applicants will be invited for a full day Barrie Middle and Upper School experience as part of the general Barrie School admission process. They will interview with faculty members, “shadow” students in core academic classes, and learn more about the academic and social experience at Barrie. Applicants and their parents will also be invited to campus and will have the opportunity to meet the Head of School and engage with Barrie faculty and current families.
The Admission Office will notify students of their scholarship status along with their admission decision the first week of March.
- How much will Scholarship recipients receive each year?
- What are the requirements for maintaining the Scholarship?
- How will the awards be funded and who is eligible to apply?
- Are siblings or family members of current Barrie students eligible to receive the Scholarship?
- How many Scholarships will Barrie award?
- What will my tuition obligation be after the Scholarship is applied?
- What is the relationship between this Scholarship and Financial Aid?