- In addition to the required coursework, students take an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) class each year, where they learn about American culture as an extension of the core humanities classes.
- Barrie's International Student Program coordinator plans events throughout the year that include pumpkin carving during Halloween, a Chinese New Year celebration, a trip to Hershey Park, and two overnight destinations.
- Each year, an International student is chosen to be the International Representative to the Student Government Association (SGA).
- International students compete on varsity athletic teams, act and sing in plays and musicals, and develop close relationships with teachers and students.
- Vast opportunities at Barrie give international students an advantage in the college admissions process as they demonstrate academic excellence and social and emotional competency as a result of our program. Nearby colleges include University of Maryland at College Park, Georgetown University, American University, and George Washington University, among others.
The application deadline for first round consideration for fall 2023-2024, is January 18, 2023. Decisions are released the first week of March. Applications received after the deadline will be processed on a rolling basis until spaces are filled.
Member of Association of International Educators
Barrie School named
U.S. Department of State Medallion School
for the 2022-23 school year.