Thank you for your interest in Barrie School! Our extraordinary environment for learning serves students from age 12 months - Grade 5 in our Montessori program, and Grades 6-12 in our project based learning program. Barrie students are encouraged to develop their own individual interests and talents through hands-on, experiential learning.
Once you step onto our beautiful 45-acre wooded campus in Silver Spring, Maryland, you’ll experience a compelling sense of student engagement.
2019-20 Events and Open Houses
Barrie offers a Sibling Discount. The eldest child pays full tuition, the second, younger, child receives a 5% discount, and a 10% discount is received on all other children thereafter. This is separate program from Financial Aid.
Example, 4 siblings are enrolled in grades 10, 8, 5, and 1. 10th grader pays full tuition, 8th grader receives a 5% discount, and the 5th and 1st graders receive a 10% discount.
- Step 1 - Visit Barrie for a Tour
- Step 2 - Complete an Online Application
- Step 3 - Submit Supporting Documentation
- Step 4 - Complete Required Admission Testing
- Step 5 - Schedule Student Visit and Parent Interview
Once you have submitted your application:
- Send the appropriate teacher recommendation by entering the teacher's email address where prompted on the home screen of your account. It will be listed under "Action Items."
- Download the Transcript Request form from your "Action Items" and request records from the previous two years. This is sent to the registrar of your current school and they will send it back to Barrie directly by email, mail, or fax.
Applicants are notified by email of their admission decision during the first week of March. Following first round admission decisions, applications will be considered as space is available. During the admission process, testing may be recommended on an individual basis.
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
Director of Admission & Financial Aid
International Admission Program Coordinator, EFL Teacher
Age 12 months - Grade 5