Thank you for your interest in Barrie School! Our extraordinary environment for learning serves students from age 18 months - Grade 5 in our Montessori program, and Grades 6-12 in our project based learning program. Barrie students are encouraged to develop their own individual interests and talents through hands-on, experiential learning.
Once you step onto our beautiful 45-acre wooded campus in Silver Spring, Maryland, you’ll experience a compelling sense of student engagement.
Barrie offers a Sibling Discount of 5% on the second enrolled child, and 10% on all other children thereafter. This is separate program from Financial Aid.
- Step 1 - Visit Barrie for a Tour
- Step 2 - Complete an Online Application by Jan 19, 2018
- Step 3 - Submit Supporting Documentation
- Step 4 - Schedule Student Visit and Parent Interview
Once you have submitted your application:
- Send the appropriate teacher recommendation by entering the teacher's email address where prompted on the home screen of your account. It will be listed under "Action Items."
- Download the Transcript Request form from your "Action Items" and request records from the previous two years. This is sent to the registrar of your current school and they will send it back to Barrie directly by email, mail, or fax.
Parent Interviews are required for all applicants and are typically scheduled on the same days as student visits. Interviews typically last about 30 minutes.
The Admission office will notify you when your application file has been completed. Admission decision letters are mailed the first week of March. Following first round admission decisions, applications will be considered as space is available. During the admission process, testing may be recommended on an individual basis.
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
Director of Admission & Financial Aid
Age 18 months - Grade 5