World Book Web Goes Mobile!
I remember the days when our dining table was covered with encyclopedia volumes because a question came up during dinner. Today many families are more likely to have a laptop or web-enabled phone at hand than a hard-cover encyclopedia set...and their information-seeking venue is just as likely to be out of the house as at the dinner table. Yet the need for students to have a reliable source of readable reference material for background information remains the same.
The Barrie Library subscription to the World Book Web now contains a number of resources to fill this need and is available when you are on the go...
- World Book Kids (simple navigation, colorful illustrations, and activities for young students)
- World Book Student (The complete World Book encyclopedia plus multimedia, web links, and periodicals)
- World Book Discoverer (A collection of resources for differentiated learning including read-aloud, text translation, video, and clear, easy-to-read information)
- Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos (a beginning Spanish encyclopedia) and, for our emergent readers,
- Early World of Learning (narrated stories, interactive games, and non-fiction material help young learners build vocabulary, comprehension, phonics, and reading fluency)
Visit http://www.worldbookonline.com/?subacct=J3307 and logon using "barrie" and "library" as your password.