Barrie is a learning institution comprised of three distinct yet mutually supportive divisions: Barrie Montessori (serving students age 18 months through grade 5, and aspiring Montessori educators at the Institute for Advanced Montessori Studies); Barrie Prep (serving students in grades 6 through 12); and Barrie Camp (a summer day-camp program serving children ages 4 through 14). Barrie's mission is to empower individuals to expand their intellectual abilities, develop creative talents, and discover their passions to make a positive impact in a rapidly changing world.
Barrie serves approximately 350 students, and since our founding in 1932, has maintained a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity. Our extraordinary environment for learning is located on 45 wooded acres just outside Washington, D.C.
At Barrie, faculty appreciate students as individuals. Learning is a hands-on experience for all our students: they are fully engaged in their own education. Each division (Montessori, Prep, and Camp) plays a distinct and valuable role as an integral part of the overall institution; all serve to complement the others and advance the mission of the whole.
About the Position
The Barrie Database Manager will manage the school-wide student information database, and support other data systems for the business office, and admission and development departments. The position will provide support and training for faculty, staff, and parent end users of student information and demographic data by maintaining, managing, and coordinating with various departments, expanding, implementing and maintaining student data systems and data integrity; developing new reports, queries, and/or scripts; serving as liaison between the end user and the software vendor; and providing data reports to school leadership and the board of trustees as requested.
We seek a person who thrives on the effective visualization of information related to student performance, admission trends, development office information and business office indicators. The candidate should have familiarity with the use of data dashboards and the use of data in guiding institutional planning.
- Serve as the main point of contact when communicating with key personnel, outside software vendors and contractors
- Fulfill information requests, resolve problems and ensure accurate management of data systems
- Coordinate with faculty, staff and parents to ensure the integrity and accuracy of student demographic data
- Develop user support materials to include procedures, reports, work aids, technical documentation, test plans and test data
- Develop queries and scripts for the purpose of providing specific dashboard data.
- Maintain and manage user accounts for students, families, faculty and staff to ensure security and data integrity
- Maintain student attendance data collection in coordination with division administration for the purpose of ensuring compliance with attendance regulations.
- Stays current of IE, AIMS, NAIS and AMS student data reporting requirements for the purpose of ensuring accurate and compliant annual data submission.
- Prepare student achievement results in collaboration with division heads
- Train and support staff to ensure proper and efficient system usage
- Work with IT staff on system integrity and maintenance functions
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school
Four-year degree or any combination equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by three years of experience administering student management systems and database management; and three years working with users in a support and/or training environment and managing student data.
An affinity for technology, with CRM or SIS experience, user administration and end user training, technology integration, data analysis, strong reporting to include dashboards, and strong vendor relations.
Experience using MS Access, MS Excel, SQL databases in a public or independent school is highly desired. Highly customer service skills are essential.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org