Barrie School seeks a Chief Accountant to help support the operations of the Business Office and all Faculty & Staff. The Chief Accountant will work collaboratively with Chief Financial Officer and Student Billing/Payroll/Benefits Administrator.
This full-time position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Business Office including bank reconciliation, accounts payable, general ledger, preparing for annual audits, all financial reporting, as well as maintaining minutes for monthly Finance Committee and Emergency Response Team meetings.
· Minimum of five years managerial and accounting experience;
· Exemplary oral, written, and speaking skills;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – Word, Excel, Power Point; Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge a plus
· Self-starter with a high degree of motivation, keen attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize against goals and demonstrate quantifiable results;
· Ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
· Ability to build consensus and work effectively across departments;
· Desire to be part of a community that values diversity, creativity and humor;
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s preferred.
At Barrie we provide a safe and natural setting on 45 acres of woods, fields, streams, and stables where students are encouraged to be themselves and to explore and try new things, accept challenges, and find joy in learning.
Applicants are asked to send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com