International Student Admission
We are accepting applications for certain grade levels for the 2017-18 school year. For more information about applying for open spaces for 2017-2018, please contact the Admission Office at 301-576-2800, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective students and their parents should begin the process by contacting Admission Director Ingrid Yuryev; Ingrid is the main point of contact for international applicants and will be happy to provide guidance during the process. After an initial inquiry, the application process consists of:
- Completing and submitting the application form
- Collecting and submitting other required materials (please see below under Requirements for a complete list)
- Completing an English language assessment
- Completing the required tests (please see below)
- Completing an interview with Admission Officers
Once all of the above have been completed, the applicant will be evaluated by the Admission Committee and an admission decision will be made.
In order for the Admission Committee to consider an applicant, all of the following must be completed.
- Application Form The Barrie International Application can be found online.
- Application Fee ($150) Note: This fee can be paid online via credit card upon submittal of the application. Applications will not be accepted without payment of application fee. Please contact John Grobowski in the Business Office with any questions.
- School Transcripts
- Teacher Recommendation Letters NOTE: Letters should be completed by the student’s teacher and fully translated
- English Assessment
- TOEFL minimum score of 72 required
TOEFL Junior Recommended Score of 750 or higher
- IELTS will also be accepted with minimum score 7.5
- Interviews for international students can be arranged via Skype
All documents are accepted as e-mail attachment (email@example.com), by fax (301-576-2803), or via US Postal Service at:
Barrie School Admission Office
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Once a student is accepted to Barrie, a signed enrollment contract must be reviewed and submitted along with a non-refundable deposit of $2,000. Without a contract and deposit, no I-20 form will be issued.
I-20 and Visa Information
Barrie School is not responsible for individual student visas. We will issue:
- Foreign Address overseas
- Intended Address in the United States
- Date of Birth as it appears on passport
- Financial statement
Tuition & Fees
- Grades 6, 7, and 8: $29,325
- Grades 9 through 12: $32,100
There is also an International Student Fee of $4,000. This fee includes items such as:
- International Student Orientation
- Additional English classes and support
- Cultural excursions
- Additional College Counseling Support